Tuesday, February 19, 2013

A Thought.. a possible return.. and just a little bit of honesty..

The blog lives..

I have returned.  I did a review, of sorts, and put this blog on the back burner for awhile.  Actually I just plain forgot about it.  I plan on becoming not only more active, but also a habit of posting reviews, thoughts and events that happen in my life.  

I have toyed with this idea for several weeks now.  I finally admitted to myself that the main reason was straight up being lazy.  Other reasons range from my lack in my skills as a writer to fear of failure and ridicule.

After much thought and being honest with myself I have come to the conclusion that instead of the aimless way I have drifted from day to day, I plan on having this as a purpose in my personal life.

Enough of this sappy self discovery crap.  Now on to what this blog might entail.  Currently I have become the proud owner of a Samsung Chromebook   With this I have been experiencing what it is like to live in the cloud.  I am surprised how much I can get done, what little I found I was missing and how quickly I was able to find a solution.  A review is in works, promise.  

One of my hobbies is coding.  I have a technical degree in computer programming, which basically taught report generation, basic programming theory and rudimentary office software utilities.  After college I starting learning c# which is part of Microsoft's .NET platform.  Of all the languages, this one I have spent the most time learning and using.  Realizing that somehow stuffing Microsoft's Visual Studio onto my Chromebook was beyond impossible I have decided to to learn some new tricks.  I am going through some tracks on codecademy.com and taking several tracks to get up to speed on html, java, js, python, and perl to name a few.  I could see myself writing up how-to's and tutorials on the subject.

Last thing I considered including in this blog of mine would be a documentation of myself losing some much needed weight.  I am a rather shy person to be honest and find this possibility terrifying, which probably means a good thing.

In summary I have grown tired of the same routine and feel like I'm lacking something and this blog might just be the outlet I need to bring some sort of focus into my life.  At the least I get distracted and forget what I desired to try and accomplish here, at the most I learn to communicate better, share my experiences and trials as I learn new things, find my path to a healthier me.

p.s. in real life I'm actually quite an opinionated, loud, semi ignorant, coarse asshole.  At some point I'll end up going on a long winded rant that at should be almost entertaining.  Hopefully I do a little research before hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment