Sunday, February 24, 2013

A whole lot of learning going on...

This week in monkey..

This has been a rather long week.  I have been re-completing the Web Fundamentals track at Codecademy.com.  Recently they had  a database migration issue and some of my previous accomplishments had been lost.  I looked at it as a good refresher and sailed through it again, this time much more confident in my answer's and understanding of the technology.  Needless to say I am on my way to developing webpages.   This part is easy, making it look good will be the real challenge.  

This is also my 2nd week with my Samsung Arm Chromebook and I have to say I am impressed.  Everything from how light weight it is,  lugging my personal laptop with my work one made the backpack noticeably heavier.  I cannot even tell I'm bringing a long a 2nd piece of tech.  The battery life is amazing, I charge it when i get home and do not worry about leaving without the power cord.  Chrome OS is fast, responsive and what is really astonishing is how versatile it is.  What it cannot do, isn't due to a limitation of the OS itself but a lack of developed apps.  For example, I would really like a Audible app or extension so I can listen to audio books while I work.  I'm sure as demand grows, if you agree about he Audible example hit them up and request it, needs will be filled.  Another example is that my uncle emailed me an e-book he thought I might enjoy.  At first I could not open it, but a few searches later, and questions posted to a favorite chrome community forum and I was directed to a web solution that works amazingly well.

Not much else worth noting..  Now off to prepare for another week into the unknown...

No comments:

Post a Comment